Are you looking for home health care services for your elderly relative? Home health care services have become a popular alternative to nursing homes in recent decades due to the convenience of them and also because they allow seniors to continue living independently at home. Here is some information regarding what home health services are and what all they entail for those who are considering them for their senior family members: Home Health Aide Minneapolis-St Paul MN
What Are Home Health Care Services?
Home health care services refer to the practice of unlicensed professionals performing duties for senior patients at the direction of a licensed medical professional (either a RN or an LPN). This generally includes reminding patients to take their medications, assisting with bathing and personal hygiene, and ensuring that elderly patients are living in a safe, hygienic, and healthy environment. Home health aides also help to monitor seniors’ health as well as check on any conditions that may require additional medical treatment and/or care.
Home health aides are dedicated caregivers and can help to ensure that seniors are able to safely and healthily continue to live independently at home. Home care aides are fully trained and work as part of seniors’ medical care team in order to ensure that seniors are able to maintain a good quality of life.
What Do Home Health Care Services Entail?
There are many different types of things that home health aides can assist seniors with. The most common things that home care services generally entail include (but are not limited to):
- Transfers (Manual and mechanical transfers to and from wheelchairs, etc.)
- Mobility assistance (Use of walker, wheelchair, cane, etc.)
- Skin care (Bathing, foot soaks, etc.)
- Toileting (Assist with bowel and bladder control, devices and training programs)
- Feeding (Supervision, physical assistance, cueing, etc.)
- Assistance with self-administration of medications
- Assistance with dressing, bathing and grooming
- Body positioning
- Delegated tasks (Standby assistance, preventative skin care, blood pressure checks, blood glucose monitoring assistance, assistance with nebulizer treatments, routine catheter care, etc.)
For more information about our home care services, feel free to contact Pinnacle Home Care, the best home health care agency in Minneapolis-St Paul MN, today.